The 888 poker network, sometimes called “888” in the community, has been in the group of industry leaders for many years, without laying claim to the top spot. Today, GipsyTeam will talk about the rooms of the 888 Network, including 888poker.
We’ll discuss the network’s history, player traffic, and everything else you need to know.
The 888 Network History
888 Network is one of the oldest poker networks, which was previously known as Pacific Poker. The company was born in 1997, and the launch of the flagship room 888poker took place five years later, in 2002. The timing of entering the market turned out to be successful for the brand. Chris Moneymaker would win the WSOP main in 2003, starting a poker boom in the USA and giving the industry an unprecedented impetus for development.
The history of 888 Network has seen its ups and downs. For several years, the brand even acted as the title sponsor of the World Series of Poker but was unable to compete (in terms of the contract) with the GG Network. However, this did not stop the desire to develop the offline direction. Under the 888 brand, several live festivals are held annually in different parts of the world, mainly in large European cities. You can qualify for top events through online satellites, which traditionally for 888 Network, begin with freerolls,
Many associate 888 with a huge number of free tournaments.
For several years in a row, they have been organizing freeroll festivals lasting 2-3 months, and the guarantees add up to seven-figure sums.
What Can You Play at 888poker?
All popular disciplines of modern poker are available at 888poker. To sit down at the table and start playing, you will have to register and download the app – available on the official website, as well as in the Google Play or App Store. Users note the convenient and pleasant client interface, with no bright buttons or banners. Everything is done in the 888 Network corporate colors – black and blue, which adds style points.
Available games in the 888poker room:
- There are classic cash games in 6-max and 9-max formats. The first one is much more popular – tables go up to a limit of NL$50, and in the full ring – up to NL$2.
- Snap is a local version of fast poker. There is a game, but the maximum limit is low – NL$2.
- Push Or Fold is a cash game format in which players have only two options: fold or go all-in. Many poker rooms also offer it. 888's tables are quite expensive: from $2/$5 to $25/$50.
- Multi-table tournaments are a great area for micro-stakes players. There are events for high rollers, but not many. 888 regularly holds series with increased prize money, and in 2023, for the first time among all rooms, they organized a festival of tournaments in the Mystery Bounty format, where there is an opportunity to win the jackpot for knocking out an opponent.
- Blast is an 888 interpretation of spins, – but with some changes (read the rules carefully before you start playing). Available limits range from $0.10 to $100, and the maximum prize is the coveted $1,000,000.
Other Poker Networks to Check Out
888poker won’t be available for every player, so that’s why it’s a good idea to look at other networks and sites. GGPoker on the GG Network is usually the next place players join, but you may have already heard about them.
You can check the traffic of different rooms with our online tracker, but while you’re here, take a quick look at these 3 sites:
The largest European network, uniting dozens of small gambling sites. Amateurs from different gambling areas of the client also find themselves at poker tables, where it is not difficult for them to win chips.
One of the best rooms on the network is RedStar Poker. There are several reasons for this:
- A clear loyalty program – it’s easy to get the maximum rakeback of 20%.
- Poker software support – if you bought one of the trackers in the GipsyTeam store, you can get additional advantages over amateurs by seeing their statistics.
- Bonuses and promotions – RedStar Poker regularly organizes rake races for cash players, series for MTT players, and leaderboards for fans of spins and SNGs.
- Tournament grid – ideal for players at micro and medium limits
Winning Poker Network
Modern rooms cannot boast that players from Europe have the opportunity to compete with opponents from the USA. That isn’t true for American rooms, like those on the Winning Poker Network (WPN). The flagship rooms are Americas Cardroom and PokerKing, which have plenty of advantages:
- Multi-tabling – up to 24 tables at once.
- Higher rakeback – even paid to top regs at high limits in the stated amount.
- Overlays – due to the American love for cash games, overlays are common in tournaments when the amount of buy-ins does not exceed the announced prize pool.
- Software support – as in RedStar Poker, here you can use Hand2Note, Holdem Manager 3, and other trackers.
- Promotions and bonuses – regular leaderboards and rake races are a good reason to download the PokerKing client.
While previous networks have been known about for a long time, the American association of Chico rooms in Europe appeared only a few years ago. The flagship poker room is TigerGaming, which offers:
- Amateurs from America – one of the few platforms where Europeans have access to a common field with poker players from the USA.
- Rake races and tournament series are held regularly, and due to the small field, it is quite easy to get into prizes.
- Software support – officially, TigerGaming and the entire Chico network only support the Hand2Note tracker. However, through converters and additional programs, it will be possible to display statistics from Holdem Manager 3 or Poker Tracker 4.
- Mobile clients – Tiger has gaming applications for iOS and Android.